Keeping your K-12 students protected on campus and during sports is a top priority at your school. But unfortunately, accidents can defy the best protection planning. You know from experience that it’s not if an accident will happen, but when. And accidents don’t just occur where you might expect them to most— in the gym or during sports. Studies show that most accidents happen elsewhere, with the playground, cafeteria, classrooms, bus, and in the surrounding school zone as the top contenders. These are areas where an estimated 2.2 million children ages 14 and under sustain school-related injuries each year.
A solid student accident insurance strategy is essential for financial protection from medical care expenses for both the school and its families. But what should you look for? A-G Administrators explain what you should expect from your coverage when you’re looking to buy it. (You can also download our Student Accident Insurance guide as a handy resource.)
3 Things to Look For When Making Your Decision About Student Accident Insurance
There are a lot of insurance agencies out there to choose from. You’ll want to go with one that offers you all of these features:
- A variety of coverage choices to address your school’s risk exposures
- A claims management system that removes the red tape and administrative burden
- And proven cost control
An agency that provides these three valuable features will offer you the best peace of mind that everyone is protected from excess medical expenses and the school from liability.
- Coverage choices. All of A-G’s K-12 student and sports accident insurance plans provide cash benefits for medical claims due to injury treatment. But you can choose what type of coverage your school needs:
- Mandatory plans, where parents are responsible for paying the premiums. You make sure all of your students are protected from out-of-pocket medical expenses in case of an injury without the school budget being affected.
- Compulsory plans, where the institution pays the premium. The students are covered at no insurance cost to parents.
- Voluntary plans, which the parent has the option to purchase. These offer around-the-clock coverage over weekends, vacations, and summers, too. (Interscholastic sports and catastrophic plans are also available.)
These choices give you options to decide what type of plan is best for your school, the families, and your budget. (Read more in our Student Accident Insurance guide.)
- Claims management. Many schools are hesitant to add more administrative tasks to their already busy workload. Managing and following up on insurance claims can take a lot of time, which may make them hesitate to bring insurance into the district. Or, if they already have an insurance plan, they may worry they’ll have to learn new procedures if they change agencies. Or that it’ll take even more time to get up and running than what they’re dealing with now.
Whichever your situation, you’ll be glad to know that insurance technology is changing for the better. A recent McKinsey study says that automating claim processes could Improve customer satisfaction by 10% to 15%. A-G is at the forefront of industry changes with a 98% customer satisfaction retention rating because of EGBAR, our proprietary claims management system that differentiates us from other agencies. EGBAR stands for Efficiency Generating Business Automation Resource.
With EGBAR, everything is handled online. From the first notice of a covered injury the school or parent provides, all stress is removed. Schools don’t even have to save claims documents into individual records. Just scan it all, upload it, and EGBAR sorts, categorizes, and creates the accounts for each injured student. You have access to a complete online picture of everything that has happened (and is in the works for that student), all in one place.We also:
- Follow up on outstanding EOBs (explanation of benefits)
- Work directly with providers for filing, billing, and payment
- Keep track of deductibles
- Reconcile claims in real-time
- Generate all necessary reports
With all the claims management services A-G provides, you can relax knowing claims management won’t be a concern if you select us for your school’s insurance agency.
- Cost control. Regardless of the type of coverage you set up for the school, you will want to control costs without impacting benefits. This is true even if you are offering mandatory coverage because you don’t want unhappy parents burdened with high premium expenses.
At A-G, we understand your focus on cost and value because it’s our focus, too. Through our relationship with extensive provider networks and our careful claims management, we are able to bring costs in line without sacrifices. And it’s important to note that we settle claims fairly for all parties, so we aren’t getting savings at the expense of others.
However, all of that is easy to claim. You’re probably wondering, “Where’s the proof? What’s the financial impact?”
Get Your A-G Insurance Cost-Savings Case Study
This case study is an example of real-life cost savings that schools realized from working with A-G. Get your copy here.
This is essential information you’ll want to consider when you choose your school’s student accident insurance. Make sure you also have information about A-G’s insurance coverages available for review.
Download your free guide
Remember to download your free Student Accident Insurance guide now so you’ll have everything you need to make your decision. The guide tells you all about us and how we can tailor unique plans to fit your school program’s needs. It’s what we’ve been doing for more than 40 years for more than 3,200 schools and school programs (along with over 675 colleges and universities). Protecting kids, families, and schools from the financial repercussions of accidents is our passion.
You can also visit agadministrators.com today to learn more about how we can partner with you to help serve your school. Finally, of course, if you (or your insurance agent) are ready to talk, please don’t hesitate to start here for a quote.