A-G Administrators, Inc. is one of the nation’s top providers of intercollegiate athletics insurance! Our expertise and customer-centered approach really pays off for our partners. Being at the top of the industry allows us great leverage in driving business alliances with the best carriers and brokers in the market. Click the icons below to learn more about the specific insurance solutions we have for intercollegiate athletics programs.
The NCAA, NAIA, and NJCAA require schools to ensure that student-athletes do not have a gap in coverage up to the associations’ catastrophic insurance deductible (For you NCAA Division I compliance folks, it’s Bylaw 18.104.22.168). Who has time to do this, and how can a school actually “ensure” this? Well, most schools purchase a “blanket” excess accident insurance policy in order to achieve this mandate. Intercollegiate sports accident (injury) coverage needs vary from school to school based on association (NCAA/ NAIA/NJCAA) membership and state regulatory mandates. Our programs can be tailored to meet your needs and are highly adaptable.
Plan features may include:
- Benefits up to $25,000 (NAIA/NJCAA) or $90,000 (NCAA) to coincide with your association’s catastrophic insurance plan deductible, ensuring your student-athletes have no gap in coverage!
- Fully insured, per claim and aggregate deductible options
- 1-, 2-, 3-year (and beyond) benefit periods available
- Expanded coverage for overuse, repetitive stress and overexertion injuries
- Expanded coverage for heart & circulatory issues (syncope/heat illness/heart-related issues)
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions
- Extended coverage for expenses denied by HMOs/PPOs
- Guest/Recruit coverage (including men’s & women’s basketball official visit try-outs)
- Accidental death & dismemberment benefits
Catastrophic injury insurance is provided to NCAA-, NAIA-, and NJCAA-member institutions for student-athletes, student athletic trainers, student managers, and cheerleaders by your associations for participation in officially sanctioned athletically-related activity. The NCAA catastrophic insurance plan carries a $90,000 deductible while the NAIA and NJCAA plans have a $25,000 deductible. These plans carry lifetime benefits. As part of our standard of service, we work with our NCAA, NAIA, and NJCAA partners to coordinate reporting of catastrophic claims to the appropriate organizations and help to facilitate claims. Some of our partners choose to carry additional catastrophic injury insurance purchased by school. If your cheerleaders participate in non-association sponsored events (camps, clinics, national championships) you may want to consider additional catastrophic injury insurance.
Catastrophic coverage for non-NJCAA 2-year colleges and preparatory institutions is highly encouraged and can be customized to fit your needs.
Plan benefits can include:
- Available 5-year, 10-year or Lifetime benefit options
- Catastrophic maximums from $1,000,000 to $10,000,000
- Flexible deductible options
- Specific benefits can include:
- College education,
- Home adaptation remodeling,
- Vehicle adaptation
- Benefits for total disability and partial disability can be included
Cash benefits for catastrophic injuries that pay for loss of income, ongoing medical care, and family expenses can be included.
This service offers an alternative to insurance products for schools that self-fund the risk of athletic injuries but would like the claims management and discounting services of a Third Party Administrator (TPA). We provide schools the opportunity to have health and athletic claims processed through our account managers, providing discounts to claims that would typically not receive any discounts.
This program provides high limit accidental death & dismemberment coverage for athletic department staff, student-athletes, and boosters during officially sanctioned travel.