As an insurance agent, you’re always looking to bring your clients more value with policies to meet their needs. And you’re always looking for ways to bring on more clients and expand your book of business.
Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to do either. Insurance hasn’t really changed that much over the years in terms of what it offers. You need something that helps you stand out, something that differentiates you from other agents and brokers. A-G Administrators offers you a unique opportunity to do that with our student accident insurance program.
What Selling Insurance Policies With A-G Offers You
When you partner with A-G, you have access to a special niche of products that help protect schools and the students and student-athletes in their care from the financial risk of accidental injuries in the classroom, playground, or sports field.
Participant accident insurance is sometimes described as out-of-pocket insurance or medical expense coverage. The plan pays benefits in addition to an insured’s health insurance for treatments after an accidental injury. Primary health insurance often leaves deductibles, copayments, out-of-network charges, and other expenses for the injured’s family to handle. These amounts can add up. In fact, recent studies show that one in four Americans have trouble paying medical expenses and one in three put off care because of the cost. Participant accident insurance is an affordable way to help cover this financial risk.
If you have education clients (whether K-12 or collegiate), participant accident insurance can be an excellent addition to their insurance portfolio. And if you’re looking to add education clients, the plan offers a good way to start a conversation.
What Participant Accident Insurance Offers Education Clients
Schools know that students and student-athletes face accident risks every day. More than 775,000 children participating in sports activities are injured each year—of which 325,000 are treated in emergency rooms—for sports and recreation-related concussions .
But it’s not just sports. Your school and collegiate clients may find they have just as much (or more) risk outside of sports when they consider that K-12 students spend the majority of their waking hours and activities at school.
- Over 200,000 children are treated each year for playground-related injuries .
- Injuries aren’t just seen on the playground, with cuts, slips and falls, and burns occurring throughout the school, in cafeterias, crowded hallways, labs, and classrooms.
- Children are in danger in drop-off and pick-up lines and school bus zones, with unsafe behavior seen in one in three drivers.
- Children can also be injured when on field trips or other school-sponsored activities.
Schools work hard to reduce and eliminate injury risk where possible. But accidents happen despite the best planning and prevention. Participant accident coverage can help alleviate the family’s financial burden if a child is injured while in the school’s care. And making it available shows families that the school stands behind them and cares about their child’s recovery.
How A School Can Offer Participant Accident Insurance To Families
There are five ways to make coverage available to families, several of which have no cost to the school:
- Mandatory Plans: The school requires families to have the coverage, and the families pay the premiums. This limits the school’s financial risk and doesn’t impact the budget.
- Compulsory Plans: The school purchases the coverage instead of the families.
- Voluntary Plans: The coverage is offered by the school and the parent has the option to purchase it. Similar to Mandatory plans, this also limits the school’s financial risk and doesn’t impact the budget.
- Interscholastic sports and catastrophic plans are also available.
A school can choose the plan (or plans) that makes the most sense to their district.
Whats it like to partner with A-G
View Case Study
Find out how A-G can make life easier for you and your clients.
How You Can Talk To Education Clients About It
If you already have school clients, you have an established relationship with them through other policies and a responsibility to protect them from liability of all types. Bringing accident insurance to their attention offers the perfect opportunity to do an insurance check-up.
How to sell accident insurance:
- You can talk about the very real injury risks their students face every day at school and bring up accident insurance.
- It’s an affordable solution (even no-cost depending on the plan chosen) that makes their protection from liability even stronger. And it also allows the school to show families their commitment to their students.
- It can lessen the risk of litigation for medical expenses when someone is injured.
- It protects the school from reputational repercussions by reducing some of the causes of parent unhappiness if their child is injured accidentally.
If you want to bring on additional school clients or start serving this niche, participant accident insurance gives you the perfect conversation starter.
- Not only can you provide the liability coverages the school needs, but with accident insurance, you can also provide something that other carriers may not offer.
- You will be seen as an agent or broker who truly understands their needs.
- You can grow your book of business not just with education clients but also with camps, leagues , events, sports travel teams, and more. (You can also talk to colleges and universities about these plans.)
Whether it’s to offer current clients more or to find new clients, it’s clear that student accident insurance enhances your portfolio of plans and carriers.
How You Can Work With A-G
At A-G, we partner with licensed agents and brokers across the U.S. so that you can offer customized solutions to your clients. We’ve been providing accident insurance to thousands of K-12 schools, colleges, and universities since 1982, so you can trust our commitment to the students and student-athletes we ultimately protect.
But you can also trust our commitment to you:
- You’ll close more sales: We are innovators in the accident insurance field, with leading-edge claims management technology that revolutionizes claims. It’s called EGBAR , and it will help you close more sales when clients hear what it does and how it removes red tape and paperwork.
- You’ll enjoy fast and easy quoting.
- You’ll receive competitive commissions.
- You don’t commit to any specific volume of business.
- You don’t need a prior relationship or appointment to partner with us.
Are you ready to find out more about partnering with A-G, adding student accident insurance to your coverage options, and expanding your book of business? There’s no obligation if you talk to us, so don’t wait to learn more. Contact us today, and let’s get started.